Old Concept Cars: Subaru B11S

Old Concept Cars Subaru B11S


Subaru presented at the 2003 Geneva auto show the Subaru B11S Concept, a four-door coupe that resembled the Mazda RX-8. Subaru characterized it as a “Grand Turismo Utility” vehicle that could comfortably accommodate 4 passengers and their luggage.

Old Concept Cars Subaru B11S

It was equipped with a six-cylinder bi turbo engine that produced 400 hp with 550 Nm of torque, combined with a 5-speed automatic transmission. It had an all-wheel-drive system and 65% of the torque was sent to the rear axle, with the remaining 35% going to the front wheels.

A pretty interesting feature was its “frosted glass” roof that was designed exclusively for the car and was inspired by Japanese umbrellas, which gave a more interesting and bright touch at its interior. Unfortunately Subaru never took the decision to sent it in production.



This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.