Seven years have passed that the small French motorcycle maker Wakan Motorcycles presented the first bike, the Wakan 1640.
It was a bold, naked sports, built around a massive V2 engine of S & S with 1,640 cc who deliberately dominated throughout, visually and practically. The result was absolutely charming, but the years passed, generating only a series of prototypes. The Wakan sank into oblivion with the latest news talking about a desperate effort to find investors.
For a short time it seemed that it’s fate would be similar to many other small motorcycle makers. Wakan and now returns with a new name, Avinton Motorcycles and a new model the Collector.
The engine of the Collector is an air-cooled V2 of 1,640 cc from S & S. In this version the engine produces 120 hp at 5,750 rpm. and 162.72 Nm of torque at 4,250 rpm. The Dry weight is 185.0 kg (407.9 pounds).
The Avinton Collector will be manufactured in three versions, the ‘GT’, the ‘Race’ and ‘Roadster’, plus one more, the Avinton Collector Cult, which essentially offer the buyer the opportunity to develop the bike aestheticaly by himself, choosing from a vast range accessories and peripherals.
Now Avinton Motorcycles is seeking representatives worldwide but it’s success this time remains to be seen over time. Certainly, the Collector is so exciting but it does not represent there is something so different to change the fate of Avinton.
• Engine type : S&S V-Twin at 45, air cooled, 4 strokes; 4 side camshafts with dry sump
• Bore stroke (multiplier) : 4 times 4″ – 4 times 101,6 mm
• Cubic capacity : 1640 cc
• Performance : 120hp at 5750 rpm
• Torque : 120 ft – lbs / 165 Nm at 4250 rpm
• Compression : 10.3:1; electronic decompression at startup
• Admission : Keihin FCR 46mm/diam. carburator with flat valve; air intake butterflies managed electronically
• Ignition : CDI : single fire reprogrammable
• Exhaust : 2 in 1 Devil in stainless steel
• Primary : Primary transmission belt in carbon Kevlar
• Gearbox : Developed for Avinton in partnering with Andrews
• Frame : tubular with suspended engine, oil circuit integrated in the frame
• Front suspension : 46mm adjustable Ceriani fork
• Rear suspension : Sachs shocks
• Attack angle : 22°
• Hunting : 85 mm
• Wheelbase : 1380 mm
• Weight : empty 185kg, full of fuel 195kg
• Dashboard : digital display multi-programmable
• Seat height : 790 mm
• Fuel tank capacity : 13 liters with fuel pump immersed