A 2001 Ferrari 360 Modena, on Christmas Eve in Hong Kong, burned three months after the scheduled service. The driver noticed the vapors during refueling, and decided to ignore them and later the car caught on fire.
The fire started in the engine compartment, with the driver coming out of the car without getting injured. Firefighters arrived in time to the point, erasing the fire before it destroyed the car completely. Whether the fire was caused by leakage, short-circuit or some other mechanical failure, is something that the experts will find.
Pictures from http://www.appledaily.com.tw/realtimenews/section/new